This blade is full bellied with a strong, thick point for heavier tasks. It can also be used as a general work knife. The top of the blade drops down toward the tip, which minimizes accidental puncturing while skinning. The drop point blade is strong and very versatile.
The steel behind the blades
Buck is a market leader in edge retention thanks to their steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test then is tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing and reheating system. This process, along with attention to detail through grinding and hand edging, is the foundation of Buck’s Edge2X technology. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening and a blade that will not fail you.
420HC is Buck’s standard steel with great edge retention and corrosion resistance. This industry standard is easily resharpened. For best performance, Buck hardens to a standard Rc 58-60.
Has a thumb stud, blade hole or other feature to facilitate one-hand use. Some models are one-hand opening and one-hand closing as well.
Buck’s Select Level offers reliable products at an unsurpassed value. Quality materials and innovative Buck designs create practical knives and tools that deliver affordable excellence.
- Blade steel of 420HC
- Rugged construction
- Drop point blade with or without gut hook, ideal for skinning
- Easy, one-hand opening
- Lockback design for safe use
- Contoured ergonomic, Versaflex rubber handle
- Includes a heavy duty nylon sheath
- Advanced Edge2x blade technology
- Forever Warranty
- Product Level: Select Level
- Blade Length: 3.625" (9.2 cm)
- Closed Length: 5.0" (12.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.625" (21.9 cm)
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Steel: 420HC Stainless Steel
- Steel Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Thickness: 0.12"
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon/Versaflex Rubber
- Locking Mechanism: Lockback
- Sheath Material: Nylon
- Weight: 3.6 oz.
- Made in USA