This blade is full bellied with a strong, thick point for heavier tasks. It can also be used as a general work knife. The top of the blade drops down toward the tip, which minimizes accidental puncturing while skinning. The drop point blade is strong and very versatile.
Has a thumb stud, blade hole or other feature to facilitate one-hand use. Some models are one-hand opening and one-hand closing as well.
The steel behind the blades
Buck is a market leader in edge retention thanks to their steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test then is tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing and reheating system. This process, along with attention to detail through grinding and hand edging, is the foundation of Buck’s Edge2X technology. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening and a blade that will not fail you.
420HC is Buck’s standard steel with great edge retention and corrosion resistance. This industry standard is easily resharpened. For best performance, Buck hardens to a standard Rc 58-60.
People who carry a knife every day do so for one very important reason – because they use it everyday. The knives they carry must be as reliable as they are functional, designed to perform effortlessly in whatever lifestyle they are part of.
Buck’s Select Level offers reliable products at an unsurpassed value. Quality materials and innovative Buck designs create practical knives and tools that deliver affordable excellence.
- Drop point, 420HC steel blade
- Smooth and rapid one-hand opening with ball bearing technology
- Liner Lock for safe use
- Sturdy Nylon handle available in various colors
- Advanced Edge2x blade technology
- Forever Warranty
- Product Level: Select Level
- Blade Length: 3.125" (7.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.375" (11.1 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.50" (19.1 cm)
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Steel: 420HC Stainless Steel
- Steel Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Thickness: 0.12"
- Handle Material: Black Glass Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Deep Pocket Carry
- Weight: 3.2 oz.
- Made in USA