CRKT thinks of Designer Joe Caswell as somewhat of a mad scientist. When they got an eyeful of the sketches that were to become the Provoke — designed in Newbury Park, California — they knew he was destined to become one of the most innovative designers the knife world has ever seen. Modeled after a traditional karambit, the flat dark earth Cerakoted hawkbill-style blade is forged of a premium D2 steel for high durability and excellent edge retention.
The opening mechanism is pulling the folder into the future whether it’s ready or not. Thumb pressure on the upper crossbar sets the chain reaction in motion, causing the blade to lunge to action while you’ve got a firm grasp on the handle. It’s crafted of aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum for supreme toughness. In true Joe fashion, the pocket clip is also a world’s first—sitting almost completely flush with the handle and likewise activated with light thumb pressure.
The Provoke comes up strong when it’s called in for duty.
How Kinematic Works
Nudge the upper crossbar with your thumb—while the rest of your fingers firmly grasp the handle—and the blade lunges to life and locks into place. Shift the discrete lever at the base of the finger loop and the blade retreats into its closed position.
- Kinematic innovation deploys the blade quickly for first responders
- D2 blade steel holds an edge well and has a Cerakoted finish for corrosion resistance
- 6061 aircraft grade aluminum handles are strong and lightweight
- Blade Length: 2.41"
- Closed Length: 4.96"
- Overall Length:7.25"
- Blade Material: D2 Tool Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.209"
- Blade Style: Hawkbill
- Blade Finish: Flat Dark Earth Cerakote
- Handle Material: Aluminum
- Locking Mechanism: Kinematic
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 6.1 oz.
- Designer: Joe Caswell
- Made in Taiwan