Serve. Protect. The Provoke Zap morphing karambit knife draws on ancient design but it’s hiding a futuristic secret. The first knife ever to feature Kinematic technology, it stays neatly tucked away in transit and comes to life when there’s trouble afoot. Now built with Grivory—a strong, lightweight, engineered thermoplastic—it’s more lightweight, adept, and crafted to go anywhere.
At CRKT, they think of Designer Joe Caswell as somewhat of a mad scientist. When they got an eyeful of the sketches that were to become the Provoke—designed in Newbury Park, California—they knew he was destined to become one of the most innovative designers the knife world has ever seen. Modeled after a traditional karambit, the black hawkbill-style blade is crafted of stonewashed stainless steel.
The opening mechanism is pulling the folder into the future whether it’s ready or not. Thumb pressure on the upper crossbar sets the chain reaction in motion, causing the blade to lunge to action while you’ve got a firm grasp on the handle. It’s built of electric green Grivory, a super durable, lightweight thermoplastic for easy transport and a seamless transition into an everyday carry. In true Joe fashion, the pocket clip is also a world-first sitting almost completely flush with the handle and likewise activated with light thumb pressure.
The Provoke comes up strong when it’s called in for duty.
How Kinematic Works
Nudge the upper crossbar with your thumb—while the rest of your fingers firmly grasp the handle—and the blade lunges to life and locks into place. Shift the discrete lever at the base of the finger loop and the blade retreats into its closed position.
- Kinematic deploys the blade with a push of the thumb
- High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Black stonewash is durable and ages well
- Injection-molded handle is impact resistant
- Low profile pocket clip provides secure carry
- Bright green is easy to spot in all conditions
- Blade Length: 2.47" (62.69 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.96" (125.88 mm)
- Overall Length: 7.19" (182.58 mm)
- Blade Material: 1.4116 Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.212" (5.38 mm)
- Blade Style: Hawkbill
- Blade Grind: Chisel
- Blade Finish: Black Stonewash
- Handle Material: Grivory
- Locking Mechanism: Kinematic
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 4.70 oz. (133.24 g)
- Designer: Joe Caswell
- Made in Taiwan