This sci-fi-inspired knife is sleek, extremely modern, and comfortably lightweight. The Decibel's slim, linear design is emphasized by dark matte-gray, titanium-carbo-nitride coating on both blade and handle. The dark-gray finish is offset by an aluminum pivot collar and backspacer, both anodized in bright blue.
The Decibel's blade is quality 8Cr13MoV stainless steel. And even though the handle is stainless steel, too, the discreet Decibel weighs in at just 2.7 ounces. One thing that lightens the knife's weight—and adds style—is the handle cutout. This "window" in the handle lets you look inside and reveals the Kershaw logo, cleverly tucked away on the inside of the back handle. The reversible pocket clip has its own decorative cutouts, echoing the lines of the knife. The Decibel is a fully manual knife, but can be opened one-handed using the thumb stud.
With its lighter weight, the Decibel is an easy folder to drop in your pocket before heading out of the house. You might even forget it's there—until you need it. Then it's ready to get the job done. The reverse tanto blade is as functional as it is eye-catching. and unlike a standard drop-point blade, the Decibel's tip is positioned downward, letting you make piercing cuts with ease. It's a perfect feature for opening packages, letters, and other everyday items. When you want an ideal balance between ultra-modern looks, comfortable weight, and top performance, the Decibel speaks volumes.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 3.75" (9.6 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.6" (16.8 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Reverse Tanto
- Blade Finish: Gray Titanium Carbo-Nitride
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Weight: 2.7 oz. (77 g)
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry