Panhard has built the scout vehicle of the future, the Combat Reconnaissance Armored Buggy or CRAB.
The 4×4 armored light vehicle is built for stealthy reconnaissance and quick offensive raids against enemy forces.
Armored plating protects the three man crew against 7.62mm ball rounds, artillery shrapnel, and anti-tank mines up to 8 kg. It’s all-time 4 wheel drive system with independently steerable twin axles provides superior maneuverability. It can even drive and drift sideways just like a real crab.
The CRAB is inspired by offroad desert racing buggies with adjustable ground clearance. These features coupled with the 4×4 drive allow the CRAB to move at incredible speed across rough terrain.
- Austrian Steyr M16 turbocharged diesel engine
- 320 HP
- Offroad top speed 70 mph
- Turret for mountable weapons from 7.62mm machine guns to 30mm cannons
- Ballistic glass windshield
- On-board wireless intercom extending 750 ft from the vehicle
- Rear deck solar panels for charging electronic equipment
- Faceted structure for lower radar signature
- 360° camera system
Take a closer look at the CRAB in the video below.